Happy Wild About Books Wednesday! If you’re new around here, every Wednesday I stop in to talk about a book and how you can use it in speech-language therapy! I’m so happy it’s time to bust out all the spring books!
There are so many ways that you can use this book to enhance language skills!
1. Compare/Contrast – Bear and Hare are total opposites. They’re a great pair to compare!
2. Inferencing – Each time Hare plants a new crop, students can infer what’s going to happen based on previous events!
3. Sequencing – Hare and his family work hard planting the crops. Talk about the sequence of planting a seed!
4. Story Elements – This is a fun book to talk about characters, setting, etc!
5. Retelling – Bring the story to life with toy vegetables! I found this felt set at Target! You can also find felt vegetables at Ikea. I found the Ikea set on Amazon! You can find it HERE.
6. Literature Flip Book – I made a freebie for you! I love literature flip books so much and wanted to give my readers a free sample!
This literature flip book companion addresses comprehension, comparing, sequencing, and writing! There is a also a story elements booklet for extra practice! This flip book will make the story memorable and fun!
You can find this freebie in my TPT store by clicking HERE.
I hope this makes your spring planning just a little bit easier! Have you read this book before? What skills do you address with it? Leave a comment and let me know! I love reading about new ideas!
If you enjoy this freebie, I also have a year long bundle that features 52 different books! Collect all 12 months and save 50%! Find it by clicking HERE.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day! I’ll be back tomorrow for Theme Thursday – can you guess the theme?!
Let’s connect beyond the blog:
Subscribe to my newsletter
Thank you SO much for this amazing resource! I have it ready to go for my Firsties this morning…they are going to LOVE it! 🙂
I hope they love it! Enjoy! 🙂